Environmental Policy Statement
As an organisation directly involved with minimising environmental impact, and the reduction of pollution, landfill, and use of non renewable resources, this Company is wholly committed to upholding these standards within its own operations.
The Company is fully dedicated to furthering the causes of recycling and re-use, and maintaining compliance with Environmental legislation and codes of practice. Its policy is to raise awareness among its own staff, suppliers and clients, of environmental issues, and sustainability, including reducing pollution and emissions, and through sound practices in waste management.
In order to minimise the impact on the environment of the Company’s activities, its strategy is:
- - To put environmental sensitivity at the forefront of business decisions and operations wherever possible;
- - To take into account in procurement, of environmental impact criteria, both in production and distribution, and consciously to avoid, wherever feasible, goods or services from non-sustainable or polluting sources;
- - To use second-life or recycled products, or those manufactured from recyclate, wherever viable;
- - To minimise the use of energy, and eliminate wasteful use;
- - To schedule all transportation in a manner which will minimise toxic emissions, by maximising collection runs, and using return-haulage;
- - To offer free of charge, advice, guidance and learning tools to all or any party, whether of commercial value to the company or not, in order to widen public knowledge of pollutants, harmful products, availability of recycling outlets, and sustainable living and working;
- - To keep abreast of developments in recycling techniques and systems which widen the scope of recycling feasibility;
- - Not to send any recyclable materials for Incineration, on the basis that the residues from incineration are highly toxic and do in fact end up in landfill, whereas this can be avoided by recycling or reprocessing;
- - To meet, and exceed the requirements of Environmental legislation.